Best Podcasts for Road Trips
If you’re hitting the open road this summer, you’ll want to make sure you have some great podcasts to keep you entertained. From true crime stories to hilarious comedies, we’ve got you covered with the best road trip podcasts. Whether you’re driving across the country or just taking a day trip, these shows will keep you entertained and engaged. So fire up your podcast app and get ready for some serious listening!
- The Travel Diaries: The Travel Diaries is a weekly interview series where journalist Holly Rubenstein chats to a special guest about their adventures around the world, and the travel experiences and destinations that have shaped their lives.
- Be transported to exotic and far flung places as Holly and her diverse range of famous guests take you on a journey through the seven chapters of their life’s travel diaries, from their earliest childhood travel memory and the first place they fell in love with; to their all-time favorite destination, their hidden gem recommendation and what’s at the top of their bucket list. It’s wanderlust, guaranteed!
- The Left Right Game: Tessa Thompson stars as an idealistic young journalist trying to make a name for herself by following a group of paranormal explorers, obsessed with a seemingly harmless pastime known as the Left/Right Game. The journey takes her into a supernatural world that she and the other members of the expedition can neither handle nor survive.
- Conan O’Brien Needs a Friend: After 25 years at the Late Night desk, Conan realized that the only people at his holiday party are the men and women who work for him. Over the years and despite thousands of interviews, Conan has never made a real and lasting friendship with any of his celebrity guests. So, he started a podcast to do just that. Deeper, unboundedly playful, and free from FCC regulations, Conan O’Brien Needs a Friend is a weekly opportunity for Conan to hang out with the people he enjoys most and perhaps find some real friendship along the way.
- It’s Been a Minute: Each week, It’s Been a Minute features people in the culture who deserve your attention. Plus weekly wraps of the news with journalists in the know. Join us to make sense of the world through conversation.
- My Favorite Murder: Lifelong fans of true crime stories Karen Kilgariff and Georgia Hardstark tell each other their favorite tales of murder and hear hometown crime stories from friends and fans.
- Sidedoor: More than 154 million treasures fill the Smithsonian’s vaults, but where public view ends, Sidedoor begins. With the help of biologists, artists, historians, archaeologists, zookeepers and astrophysicists, host Lizzie Peabody sneaks listeners through Smithsonian’s side door to search for stories that can’t be found anywhere else.
- Radiolab: Radiolab is on a curiosity bender. We ask deep questions and use investigative journalism to get the answers. A given episode might whirl you through science, legal history, and into the home of someone halfway across the world. The show is known for innovative sound design, smashing information into music.
- Wait Wait…Don’t Tell Me!: NPR’s weekly news quiz. Have a laugh and test your knowledge with today’s funniest comedians. And if you can’t get enough, try our new mid-week show, Everyone & Their Mom. Each Wednesday, host Emma Choi takes the story everyone’s talking about and uses it as an excuse to hang out with culture makers, Wait Wait panelists, and hilarious new comedians.
There you have it – some great picks for the best road trip podcasts. Whether you’re looking for suspense, comedy, or just some good old-fashioned entertainment, these shows will keep you entertained for hours on end. So make sure to add them to your road trip playlist and enjoy the ride!
***All podcast descriptions courtesy of Apple Podcasts