Clever Ways To Use Alexa
The best way to figure out a woman is to ask questions. Alexa is one complex lady, who loves to have questions thrown at her. There are tons of ways to utilize this new device in your home. Alexa connects with your smart phone and other smart devices in the house and uses apps or “skills” to perform tons of new actions. Here are some of our favorite ways to use Alexa!
- “Alexa, what are your deals?”: Get a list of Amazon deals that are hot for that day. Then, you can voice order which items you want.
- “Alexa, where can I go for $400?”: If you have the Kayak app, then Alexa can review flights and hotels to anywhere in the world. She can give you a list of the top rated vacation spots, or she can stay within a set budget for the upcoming weekend.
- “Alexa, call another Alexa”: Do you want to talk to your friend through your Alexa device? If your friend has one too, then the Alexa’s can talk with each other so you can have a convenient hands-free conversation. Once you ask Alexa the question, she’ll search your contacts to see if there is another Alexa or Amazon device connected to one of your friends. Then, she’ll send you a list of the friends with the capability.
- “Alexa, start a 7-minute workout.” You can use Alexa as a personal trainer to burn off those extra calories. She’ll give you test exercises to see if they are suited for you, and then over time, she’ll build off of that.
- “Alexa, play games”: Alexa is a ball of fun when you get her to start playing games. She can bring the heat with Rock-Paper-Scissors-Lizard-Spock, Chess, 20-Questions, Bingo and more. With the Lizard-Spock version of Rock-Paper-Scissors, you’ll get a very Big Bang Theory, Sheldon-esque Alexa with long winded answers.
- “Alexa, tune my guitar”: If you’re a musician and need a little help finding that perfect pitch, Alexa has you covered. Ask her to tune your guitar and she’ll play a tune that you have to match until all of the cords are in tune. She’ll start you on low E and end on High E.
- “Alexa, ask my buddy”: If you are in a situation where you need help, but can’t find your phone, Alexa will alert a pre-programmed friend that you are in need of help. This can help elderly folks if they fall and are unable to get up to alert someone that they need assistance. You can even program the call to go to directly to an emergency provider to cut out a middle man!
- “Alexa, what should I try?”: Not sure all of the fun things that Alexa is capable of? Ask her, and she’ll let you know what other ways you can use her capabilities.
However you live your life, Alexa can make it a little bit easier–and a little bit more entertaining. Who would have thought that your entire life could be controlled by your command? Be in charge of your future with these creative ways to use Alexa!