Fun Activities for Father’s Day
Father’s Day will be here before you know it. Have you made plans to celebrate Dad? Does he enjoy going out and about, or is he more of a homebody? Is he adventurous?
No matter what he likes to do, there are lots of fun ways to celebrate him on this special day.
- How about spending time in the great outdoors? Lehigh Valley has over twenty parks, and there are over one hundred Pennsylvania state parks. That’s a lot of outdoors!
- Here are a few possible activities for outdoor fun:
- Go on a hike
- Have a picnic
- Take a bike ride
- Roast marshmallows around a campsite
- Ride a horse
- Tour the LIL’-LE-HI trout nursery and feed the fish
- Bass fishing season is open – get out the rod and tackle
- Fly a kite
- Throw around the frisbee or play catch
- Nature scavenger hunt (two different types of leaves, a beautiful rock, a stick, etc.)
- Has your dad ever geocached? What is geocaching, you ask? Geocaching is a treasure hunt, and unlike the days when pirates used aged scrolls, today’s hidden treasure can be found by inputting specific coordinates into a GPS-enabled device. There are over 200 caches hidden in Pennsylvania. And you can download geocaching apps directly to your phone.
- Or, how about a Sunday drive? Hit the road without a destination in mind and see where you end up. It could be your new favorite place.
- Of course, you’ve got to remember the food. The way to a dad’s heart is through his stomach. How about breakfast in bed? Brunch? Homemade pizzas? Pull out the barbecue and grill some hamburgers.
- Kick it up a notch and have a BBQ sauce tasting or go big and bring in hot sauce and see how much heat dad can handle.
ACTIVITIES WITH DAD
- Perform a Show:
- Perform a play (Let the kids showcase their very own creation)
- Serenade him with his favorite songs
- Tell some jokes
- Fashion show
- Make Crafts:
- Popsicle stick picture frame
- Tie-dye shirts
- Make each other coffee/hot chocolate mugs
- Games: It’s always fun to play family games and put together jigsaw puzzles. If there’s time, you can have a puzzle made of your favorite photo. Maybe one of you and dad together. Wouldn’t that be a great surprise?
- Speaking of games, there are classic board games, but how about changing it up a bit? An escape room? Or a murder mystery party? Or Minute to Win It challenges?
- Movies: What are your dad’s favorite movies? It’s time to binge-watch! If possible, pop into a movie theater ahead of time and have some real popcorn on hand.
- Social Media: Is your dad celebrity status material? He could be. Has he heard of TikTok? Imagine…
- Bustin’ some dance moves in the kitchen
- Performing silly pranks
- Singing some tunes
- Making memes
- And the next thing you know…you and your dad could be going viral!
- If you are unable to meet in person, have a virtual party! FaceTime, Zoom, and HouseParty are all perfect for connecting when you can’t be together.
- Memory Book: Organize a memory book and talk about his life. You might learn some surprising things. Spending quality time together is the best gift!
- And don’t forget to take pictures this year – so you can incorporate them into next year’s Father’s Day celebration!
Let this be the year you show Dad exactly how much he is loved – by spending time together!