Golfing Near Macungie, PA
Golf is a great sport that teaches patience, etiquette, focus, and graciousness. It’s an excellent sport for both the young and the old. And, whether you’re an avid golfer or not, August is a great month to get out and enjoy the sport because August is National Golf Month.
Golfers who live in or near Macungie are lucky as there are lots of great golf courses where you can play a round. If you’re looking to explore a new course, check out these nearby golf clubs.
- Shepherd Hills Golf Club: Located in Wescosville, Shepherd Hills Golf Club offers 18 holes of golf. This public course offers you the ability to book your tee times online and offers rate discounts for juniors and seniors. Be sure to join their email club to receive information on tee time deals. Additionally, Shepherd Hills also has an on-site wedding and banquet facility – making it a great place to hold a large golf outing.
- Iron Lakes Country Club: Eighteen holes of challenging golf await you at Iron Lakes Country Club. There is a driving range where you can work on your golf skills, and there are several golf leagues available for both men and women. Tee times can quickly be booked online, and Iron Lakes is happy to host corporate events, along with weddings and other gatherings.
- Allentown Municipal Golf Course: This municipal golf course prides itself on being friendly for golfers of all levels. With five different sets of tees available for men and women, this course offers 18 holes of golf with a rating of 72.4. Lessons, clinics, and camps take place at Allentown Municipal and memberships are available.
- Butter Valley Golf Port: Butter Valley is a course for all ages and all abilities. Located in Barto, Pennsylvania, this course has 18 holes that are challenging, but not too tough for the average golfer. They also have leagues available, and you can buy a season pass or gift certificate to play here.
- Willow Brook Golf Course: Catasauqua is home to Willow Brook Golf Course. With some gorgeous views, you’ll enjoy playing 18 holes here. You can also take lessons from PGA pro, Danny Richie, and shop in their on-site pro shop. When you’ve finished playing you can grab some food or a drink at the Willow Bar and Grill.
- Wedgewood Golf Course: Located in the heart of Lehigh Valley, Wedgewood is a beautiful 18-hole golf course. They have a driving range, offer online tee times, and a VIG (Very Important Golfer) Club for those looking for additional benefits.
- Locust Valley Golf Club: Locust Valley Golf Club is the sister course to Shepherd Hills. This par 72 course has 6716 yards of golf from the longest tees. Tee times are available to book online, and Locust Valley also offers memberships for those who would like to make this their home course. When you’re done playing golf, you can stop by their bar for a quick drink or snack.
- Fox Hollow Golf Club: You can hit the driving range and then play 18 holes of golf at Fox Hollow Golf Club. If you’re looking to get your son or daughter to try golf, Fox Hollow allows children 14 and under to play free with a paying adult when you play weekdays after 11 am or weekends after 1 pm.
- Bethlehem Golf Club: This is a par 71 course that was designed by William and Dan Gordon. They have a professional staff that can offer instruction and there is a golf pro shop on site, along with a grille for some food and beverage before or after your round.
- Macoby Run Golf Course: A great course with some gorgeous views, Macoby Run is definitely a delight for golfers. They offer memberships, golf leagues, and a pro shop. Additionally, they have a banquet facility available for weddings or events.
Don’t let National Golf Month pass you by without getting out there to play a round. There are so many great courses close by that have 18 holes waiting for you!