How and When to Use Ubereats/Food Delivery Services
Having your food delivered to you can be a big game changer. There are certain restaurants that have been delivering for years, but now, with Ubereats, you can find most of your favorite restaurants will come to your doorstep.
How it Works
- Browse the App: Download the Ubereats app. You’ll put in your location, and surrounding restaurants that are affiliated will appear. You’ll be able to see a wide selection of everything from burgers, to fries, salads, greek, italian, chinese, indian, and more. Click on the restaurant you are interested in, and search through their menu.
- Order: Once you find the thing that your stomach is craving, you can add it to your cart for check-out. The beauty of Ubereats is that everyone doesn’t have to have the same food. Your friend can also use the app to find the restaurant that they’d prefer to have, and purchase from there. There most likely will be added delivery costs when using multiple restaurants. There’s a flat rate of $4.99 for the delivery, and you have the option of tipping the driver.
- Track the Order: At the point of checkout, you put in the address that you are at and any extra instructions for the delivery person. Through the app, you can see when it’s being made, when it’s on its way, and how soon you can expect to eat. The delivery person will knock on the door, or drop it where you have instructed them to.
When to Use the App
- Late Night: Ubereats will keep delivering up to 2am. If you’ve had a long night of work, studying, or simply an exhausting day, uber eats is a life saver. You don’t have to cook, or even leave the couch. You can pull out your phone and have dinner on the way in minutes. You don’t have to put on real clothes late at night and drive around to find what you want. Let the food come to you.
- After Vacation: Everyone knows that wiped out feeling after a great vacation. You arrive home, it’s been a long day of travel, and there’s nothing in the fridge because you haven’t been home in a while. Take things easy by having food delivered so you can unpack and get back to normal without having to worry about dinner for one night. It’ll be like a special treat for making it home.
- Party: The last thing you want to do at a party is break people up to go get food. Keep the energy alive by having the food delivered to you. No one will have to miss a beat, and you’ll have exactly what you want brought directly to you. It’s also perfect for preventing buzzed or drunk driving incidents. Keep everyone safe and fed by using the Ubereats app to restock on food as the night goes on.
As with anything, be mindful of how often you use the app. Over time, every delivery adds up. Try to eat fresh fruits and veggies when you can. The app should be reserved for special occasions, and when you are in a pinch to help you out.