Visit the Lehigh Valley Zoo
One of the great things about living in the Lehigh Valley is that there is so much to do. There are festivals, parks, mountains, craft breweries, and much more. You could be busy all the time visiting all of the amazing things that the Lehigh Valley has to offer.
In fact, one of those great attractions is the Lehigh Valley Zoo. Located in Schnecksville, Pennsylvania, the Lehigh Valley Zoo is open year-round – which means you still have plenty of time to plan your visit.
- Admission: From April 1st until October 31st, the zoo is open from 10 a.m. until 4 p.m. And, from November 1st until March 31st, the zoo is open from 10 a.m. until 3 p.m. The current cost of admission for children ages 2-11 is $12.50 (under two is free), and adults are $14.50. The zoo also offers a discount to seniors with admission only costing $13.50.
- Keep in mind, that if you are going to be a frequent visitor to the zoo, they do offer zoo memberships. These memberships are for individuals or families and give you free admission during daytime hours, plus some added bonuses.
- The Animals: The Lehigh Valley Zoo has over 130 different species of animals – which means there is no shortage of critters to check out. You can see animals such as giraffes, bald eagles, crocodiles, camels, emus, and zebras.
- Education: The Lehigh Valley Zoo aims to educate all of its guests. They also offer special programs called “Close Encounters.”
- These “Close Encounters” are private interactive programs that get you up close and personal with a zoo animal. You could be painting with a giraffe or hanging out with a sloth. Or, you could spend time with penguins, birds of prey, or armadillos. These encounters all cost additional fees, but if you are looking for a unique experience, this definitely fits the bill.
- Special Events: Throughout the year, the zoo puts on many special events.
- You might attend:
- Corks and Canvas
- Game of Zoos – An Overnight Camping Experience at the Zoo
- Zookeeper Appreciation Week
- Christmas in July
- Owl Awareness Day
- Animal Mingle Fest
- Zoo Beach Blast
- Teddy Bear Clinic
- Sloth Meet and Greet
- Run Wild
- Africa Enrichment Day
- Pizza with the Keepers
- Be sure to check their “Events and Activities” page regularly to see what is coming up.
- You might attend:
- Volunteering: The zoo can not do all that it does without the help of many volunteers. If you are interested in volunteering your time or skills at the zoo or have a group that would like to volunteer, be sure to complete the application which is available online.
- Wish List: The zoo also has a “Wish List” available to see online where you can donate new or gently-used items to help the zoo and its animals. It is a long list with a wide variety of items, and the zoo appreciates all donations.
Are you a regular visitor to the Lehigh Valley Zoo, or are you planning your first visit? No matter if you’re a zoo “regular” or a first-time visitor, the Lehigh Valley Zoo is an excellent attraction in the area and should not be missed.