7 Books to Put on Your Reading List
With the craziness of the holidays behind you, you may find that you now have a few extra minutes in your day where you can do something for yourself. If you love to read, the cold weather may have you snuggling up on the couch and enjoying a good book.
If you’re looking for your next book, here are a few suggestions for you – both fiction and non-fiction – depending on your tastes.
- The Water Dancer by Ta-Nehisi Coates: The Water Dancer was Oprah’s Book Club choice and tells the story of Hiram Walker, a boy born into bondage whose mother was sold away, but who was given a mysterious power. This book is full of history and imagination – making it a book you won’t want to put down.
- Find Me by André Aciman: Find Me is the sequel to the 2007 book, Call Me by Your Name. This continues the story of Samuel, Elio, and Oliver. The book is broken up into four sections, with each character narrating a portion, and Elio bringing it to a conclusion. If you loved Call Me by Your Name, you’ll want to read this.
- The Giver of Stars by Jojo Moyes: Fans of Jojo Moyes will be thrilled that she is back with another New York Times bestseller. In her latest book, Jojo tells the story of Alice Wright, a woman who signs up to be a member of Eleanor Roosevelt’s traveling library. Based on a true story, this book will give you a look at all of the drama the team faced for doing something they loved and believed in.
- Dear Girls by Ali Wong: Are you a fan of comedian Ali Wong – either from her standup comedy shows or her role in “American Housewife”? Then you’ll laugh out loud when you read her new book, Dear Girls. Her book is a series of letters to her daughters – and it covers a wide variety of topics – in a hilarious manner. Definitely a bit irreverent, but totally funny.
- Boss Up!: This Ain’t Your Mama’s Business Book by Lindsay Teague Moreno: Mompreneurship is a term that’s gaining popularity as more moms and wives are creating their own businesses at home. Lindsay Teague Moreno shares her insights as a stay-at-home mom who created a multimillion-dollar business. Her positivity and knowledge will have moms and wives everywhere becoming successful businesswomen.
- The Most Fun We Ever Had: A Novel by Claire Lombardo: If you want to take an in-depth look at family relationships through the years, you have to read The Most Fun We Ever Had. The Sorenson family will suck you into all that this family with four daughters – who are all extremely different – goes through. It’s a very strong debut novel by Claire Lombardo.
- Tools of Titans: The Tactics, Routines, and Habits of Billionaires, Icons, and World-Class Performers by Tim Ferriss: Tim Ferris may be the king of lifehacks after the success of his books, The 4-Hour Workweek, and The 4-Hour Body. In this new book, Tim interviews over 200 high-performing people – from celebrities to athletes to top scientists – and finds out some key things that make them the best in their fields.
What are you reading right now? Did one of these books catch your attention? Reading is a great way to spend a few moments doing something for yourself and transporting yourself to someplace new or learning new things.