Bacon Recipes That Are Sure to Please!
When it comes to trying new recipes, what do you look for? Do you want recipes that are easy to throw together? Do you want a recipe that challenges your cooking skills? Or, is it all about the flavor?
If flavor is your thing, you might be a little partial to recipes that contain bacon. This salt-cured pork brings a lot of flavor to dishes and is a definite crowd-pleaser. And if you want to prepare a few dishes that incorporate this favorite ingredient, take a look at these recipes.
- Bacon & Pretzel Chocolate Chip Cookies: You may not think about using bacon in cookies, but these Bacon & Pretzel Chocolate Chip Cookies are the perfect combination of sweet and salty. They come together extremely quickly because you use cake mix as the cookie base, and the addition of pudding mix keeps them soft and chewy.
- Jalapeno Popper Pizza: Does your local pub serve jalapeno poppers? And do you just love them? Then you’ll love the taste of this Jalapeno Popper Pizza. You can use your favorite pizza dough and just a few ingredients to create all of the flavors you love in a popper in pizza form. This recipe uses both Thai chili peppers and jalapenos, but if you can only get jalapenos at your local supermarket – don’t worry. That will be just fine!
- Best Ever Bacon & Caramelized Onion Cheese Dip: Chips and dip are a classic combination, but if you always serve the same old sour cream-based dip, then it’s time for a change. Try this Best Ever Bacon and Caramelized Onion Cheese Dip! This recipe has lots of bacon and sweet onions, along with Gruyere and Gouda cheese, plus a hint of maple syrup and fresh thyme.
- Bacon Chicken Noodle Casserole: Casseroles are easy to throw together and can be go-to comfort food – and this casserole is no exception. The whole family will love this for dinner with all of the chicken, noodles, bacon, and cheese. There are even a few vegetables snuck in there – just don’t tell the kids!
- Cheesy Bacon Broccoli Spaghetti Squash: This dish could be a side or main dish, depending on what you want to do. Spaghetti squash is very versatile, and when you add some broccoli, bacon, and feta cheese – it’s really delicious. If you’ve never tried spaghetti squash before – this is a great recipe to start with.
- Crustless Bacon Quiche: Quiches are perfect for showcasing bacon as an ingredient, but what if you don’t feel like making a pie crust? Then you can go crustless – just like this recipe. Bisquick helps to give this the taste of a quiche without the crust, and you can easily substitute in different cheeses or vegetables to match your tastes – keeping the bacon, of course.
- Harvest Cobb Salad: Who doesn’t love a good salad? They’re chocked full of healthy ingredients, and they can be topped with your favorite dressing. This cobb salad has all sorts of great flavors from the bacon, eggs, apple, pear, cranberries, goat cheese, and pecans – and a poppyseed dressing that you must make.
- Cobb Club Sandwich: Some nights all you want is a sandwich, and this Cobb Club Sandwich is fantastic for those nights. Bacon, egg, and avocado are amazing together, and this is a sandwich you’ll make again and again.
- BLT Pasta: If you’re looking for a quick pasta dinner that contains bacon, this BLT Pasta will hit the spot. It’s light and fresh, and be sure to save the leftovers. It’s even great cold.
- Steamed Clams with Fried Bread and Bacon: If you’re a fan of steamed clams, this recipe kicks it up a notch, and you might never go back to your old recipe. Bacon is a great addition to traditional steamed clams, and the bread helps to soak up all of that tasty broth. Yum!
From appetizers to desserts, bacon is an ingredient that deserves all of the attention! And, if you’re a bacon lover, there is probably a recipe (or six) on this list that you are ready to try! Which one will you make?