Fall Vacation Destinations
Fall is a time for change. The leaves on the trees turn from green to an array of oranges, yellows, and reds. The weather becomes cooler and crisper. For many people, fall is also a time for vacation. Whether you’re looking for a sunny destination or a place to catch the autumn colors, we’ve got you covered with this list of the best fall vacation destinations!
- Stowe, Vermont: There’s something special about New England in the fall. The air gets crisp, the leaves start to change, and the whole region takes on a warm, inviting feeling. For many people, Vermont is the epitome of this autumnal experience. With its rolling hills and quaint towns, the state is a veritable playground for leaf peepers and outdoor enthusiasts alike. But of all the places to visit in Vermont, Stowe is arguably the most popular destination. Nestled in the heart of the Green Mountains, Stowe is renowned for its stunning fall foliage. But it’s also a place where you can enjoy a wide range of activities, from exploring farmers’ markets and breweries to hiking and mountain biking. Whether you’re looking for a romantic getaway or a family-friendly adventure, Stowe is the perfect place to enjoy all that Vermont has to offer in the fall.
- Kauai, Hawaii: While many people think of Kauai as a summer destination, the island actually has a lot to offer during the fall months. The weather is milder, the crowds are thinner, and the prices are more reasonable. Moreover, fall is an excellent time to enjoy Kauai’s natural beauty. The island is blanketed in greenery, and the flowers are in full bloom. From hiking through the rainforest to relaxing on the beach, there are plenty of activities to enjoy. So if you’re looking for a place to escape the hustle and bustle of everyday life, Kauai is the perfect choice.
- Sonoma Valley, California: The Sonoma Valley is one of the most beautiful places in the world in the autumn. The leaves of the vines and the trees turn a golden hue, and the air is crisp and cool. The days are still warm enough to enjoy being outside, but the nights are perfect for snuggling up by the fire with a glass of wine. There are plenty of activities to enjoy in the Sonoma Valley during the autumn months, from harvest festivals and pumpkin patches to scenic hikes and wine tastings. Whether you’re looking for a relaxing weekend getaway or an exciting adventure, the Sonoma Valley is a fantastic place to be in the autumn.
- Sedona, Arizona: The leaves might not change color in Sedona, Arizona, like they do in other parts of the country, but that doesn’t mean this desert city isn’t beautiful in the fall. With red rock cliffs towering overhead and temperatures that are cooler than the summer months, Sedona is a popular destination for hikers and nature lovers. The fall is also a great time to enjoy some of Sedona’s unique attractions, including its many art galleries and shamanic healing ceremonies. And, of course, no visit to Sedona would be complete without taking in the stunning views from one of its many lookout points. Whether you’re looking to escape the crowds or connect with nature, Sedona is definitely worth a visit this fall.
- The Outer Banks (OBX), North Carolina: The Outer Banks is a group of barrier islands off the coast of North Carolina. It’s a popular vacation spot known for its beaches, fishing, and wildlife. But the Outer Banks are also beautiful in the fall when the leaves change color and the crowds diminish. The weather is still pleasant in October and November, making it a great time to enjoy all the Outer Banks has to offer without the summer crowds. From hiking and biking to kayaking and camping, there are plenty of ways to enjoy the outdoors. And don’t forget about the seafood! Fall is the peak season for fresh oysters, clams, and shrimp.
If you’re considering a vacation this fall, then take a look at one of these five locations! They each offer something unique to travelers, and you’re sure to find one that fits what you’re looking for!