Plan a Spa Day or Night at Home
What’s life been like lately? A little bit hectic? Are you swamped with projects for work? Do you feel like you need some time to rest and relax? Then it’s time to do something for yourself!
You could head to the spa, but that takes time and money you might not have. So, how about planning a spa day (or night) at home? There’s no need to head to the spa when you can pamper yourself right at home – and here’s how to do it.
- Grab Your Treatments: Perhaps the best thing about doing a home spa day is that you have complete control over your treatments. You get to choose the products you want to use and plan a day of helping your skin. Here are a few that you might want to check out:
- Set the Stage: What is it that you love about going to the spa? Is it the relaxing music? The candles? The fact that no phones are allowed? You can recreate these things at home.
- Put your phone away – and turn it off. Put on this YouTube video that will have relaxing music playing in the background. And grab all of your best-smelling candles and light them to set the mood.
- Have a Luxurious Robe and Slippers: Another great thing about going to the spa is the luxurious robe and slippers they give you to walk around in. There’s no reason you shouldn’t have these things at home – where you’ll actually use them!
- Oprah Magazine has a list of 21 excellent robes, and here’s a list of fabulous slippers that you might like that The Strategist shared.
- Spa Day Treats: Of course, you’ll need some spa day treats. Make yourself some spa water, buy some good chocolate, and plan a healthy lunch or dinner.
- Start at the Top: Now it’s time to start your treatments. It’s probably easiest to start at the top and work your way down.
- Hair – Give your scalp and hair a deep conditioning treatment.
- Face/Eyes – What do you have planned for your face? Your eyes?
- Body – An exfoliating scrub would be great!
- Hands – Moisturize your hands. Give yourself a manicure. Treat your cuticles.
- Feet – Give your feet a foot peel and, perhaps, a pedicure when done.
- Hit the Shower: Then it’s time to hit the shower. Enjoy the steaminess of a hot shower and use a few Calming Shower Steamers by Lizzy Siman-Tov to really help you relax.
- Take a Bath: Then, if you want, take a hot bath and enjoy the quiet. Read a book, enjoy a glass of wine, or just do nothing.
- Moisturize: After you have showered and bathed, be sure to moisturize. Keep in mind you may need several different moisturizers. What works for your face may not be best for your feet or your hands. If you need help finding the right moisturizer(s) for you, Everyday Health has some tips.
- Sleep Well: Finally, get a good night’s rest. Spray your sheets with a lavender spray. Grab your sleep mask. Play a sleep meditation. Leave your phone in another room. All of these things can help you get a quality night of rest.
When life gets a little bit crazy, take some time for yourself. Plan a spa day (or night) at your place. You’ll be amazed at how good it makes you feel!