The Best Tips and Tricks for Organizing Your Fridge
Do you feel like you are constantly searching for something in your refrigerator? Are things always getting lost in the back or crammed on the shelves? If so, it might be time to reorganize your refrigerator. And while this might seem like a simple task, there are some tips and tricks for organizing your fridge so that everything is easy to find.
Follow these tips, and you’ll be able to keep your fridge neat and tidy!
- Use Clear Storage Containers: One tip for organizing your fridge is to use clear storage containers. This way, you can see what is in each container and quickly grab what you need. Check your local dollar store or Amazon for clear containers – and consider buying different shapes and sizes to meet your needs. If you seem to have a refrigerator that’s always full, try using stackable containers to maximize your space.
- Label Your Containers: Another tip for organizing your fridge is to label your containers. This way, you will easily know what is inside each container and be able to grab what you need. This will save you time and frustration when searching for an item in your fridge.
- Use Drawers: If your fridge has drawers, use them! Drawers are great for storing fruits, vegetables, condiments, and other smaller items. If your drawers are not labeled, be sure to label them so that you know where everything is.
- Organize by Type of Food: Organize your refrigerator by type of food. This means putting all of the meats in one area, all of the fruits and vegetables in another, and so on. This way, you can easily find what you need without having to search through everything.
- Keep Things at Eye Level: Another great tip is to keep frequently used items at eye level. Store items that you don’t use as often on the top shelves or in the back of the fridge.
- Make Sure Perishables Are Visible: Make sure that perishable items are visible. This way, you can easily see when they need to be used up. You should be able to see things like meats, vegetables, and fruits so they won’t go to waste. (This is also great for encouraging children to reach for a healthy snack when they open the refrigerator.)
- Place Meats on the Lowest Shelf: When storing meat in the fridge, be sure to place it on the lowest shelf. You want to avoid having meat drip onto other items in your refrigerator – so the bottom shelf is the way to go. (Also, consider putting it on a plate or sheet pan to avoid spills.)
- Be Careful What You Store on Your Door: The door of your fridge is not the best place to store certain items as this is the warmest place in your refrigerator. For example, milk should not be stored on the door because it can spoil more quickly. Condiments, water, and juices work well on the door.
- Think About Your Children: If you have small children, think about their needs when organizing your fridge. Store items that they frequently eat or drink in an easily accessible place. You may even want to consider putting a step stool in front of the fridge so that they can reach everything they need.
Organizing your refrigerator does not have to be a daunting task. By following these simple tips, you can easily keep your fridge looking its best. Do you have any other suggestions for organizing your fridge? Be sure to share them so everyone can benefit!