Top 5 Essential Oils that Everyone Should Have
Essential Oils are naturally occurring oils that have healing and health benefits. Essential oils are highly concentrated oils packed with healing properties that affect the body in different ways. People have been using essential oils for centuries as medicine as well as for their mental health. Before you use an essential oil, always dilute it with a carrier oil like coconut oil, jojoba oil, or olive oil. Using a few drops can go a long way.
- Clary Sage Oil: Clary Sage is excellent for the skin. It’s a perfect astringent, antibacterial, and antiseptic which helps improve circulation. It’s also known for regulating hormones and fighting against depression. It’s been proven that smelling clary sage can decrease your cortisol levels and improve your thyroid hormone production. Cortisol is a hormone that is released when you are stressed. Basically, it reduces stress and balances out the hormone production process.
- Lavender Oil: If you don’t have any other essential oil, you need to have this one. It is a powerhouse that accomplishes so much. It is a sedative, antispasmodic, anti-anxiety, anti-inflammatory, antimicrobial, antioxidant, immune-supporting, antiviral, and more. Its scent can automatically relax you, making it perfect for keeping at your work desk, in the car, and by your bed. It cleanses the air with its antibacterial properties, and reduces inflammation in the body.
- Tea Tree Oil: Also called melaleuca oil, is a powerful antibacterial oil. It has a sharp, invigorating scent that increases mental acuity. In certain cultures, it was used to cure colds, coughs, gingivitis, and sore throats. It causes fewer side effects and isn’t as astringent as OHC products. Reach for this first, before you go for the pills. If your symptoms don’t get better in a few days, then the pharmacy drugs are worth a shot. There is scientific evidence that tea tree oil helps prevent certain cancers.
- Eucalyptus Oil: This is a strong scent that is perfect for clearing your airways. It’s similar to tea tree oil and can stimulate mental activity. It smells similar to Vicks VaporRub, and it’s used in similar ways. It’s a powerful agent for the sinuses and lungs. It also works as a pesticide and kills fungi. It boosts your immune system, and kills bacteria in the air.
- Frankincense Oil: This is known as a “grounding” oil. Its scent is heavy and mellow, and it helps to regulate hormones. It fights depression and aging, and can aid in fertility, reducing headaches, cramps, and more. It can stimulate the memory, but at the same time be relaxing enough to help you sleep.
Ancient people recognized the power of essential oils, and recently we are coming back to recognize their health benefits. As with any medication, use these with caution and always use a small amount to see how you’ll react first. Using these natural products can help you stay away from the doctors more often, and lead to a healthier and happier home.