17 Movies for Valentine’s Day
Valentine’s Day is a day for love and romance, so what better way to spend it than with a good movie? Whether you have someone special in your life or you’re spending the day with your besties, these Valentine’s Day movies are sure to make you feel all warm and fuzzy inside. Here are 17 films that will help get you into the Valentine’s Day spirit!
- Valentine’s Day: Intertwining couples and singles in Los Angeles break-up and make-up on the pressures and expectations of Valentine’s Day.
- Always Be My Maybe: Everyone assumed that Sasha and Marcus would wind up together, except for Sasha and Marcus. Reconnecting after 15 years, the two start to wonder – maybe?
- Four Weddings and a Funeral: Over the course of five social occasions, a committed bachelor must consider the notion that he may have discovered love.
- Sleepless in Seattle: A recently widowed man’s son calls a radio talk-show in an attempt to find his father a partner.
- Bridget Jones’s Diary: Bridget Jones is determined to improve herself while she looks for love in a year in which she keeps a personal diary.
- Pretty Woman: A man in a legal but hurtful business needs an escort for some social events, hires a beautiful prostitute he meets…only to fall in love.
- You’ve Got Mail: Book superstore magnate, Joe Fox and independent book shop owner, Kathleen Kelly fall in love in the anonymity of the internet, both blissfully unaware that he’s trying to put her out of business.
- Dirty Dancing: Spending the summer at a Catskills resort with her family, Frances “Baby” Houseman falls in love with the camp’s dance instructor, Johnny Castle.
- The Notebook: A poor yet passionate young man falls in love with a rich young woman, giving her a sense of freedom, but they are soon separated because of their social differences.
- 50 First Dates: Henry Roth is a man afraid of commitment until he meets the beautiful Lucy. They hit it off and Henry thinks he’s finally found the girl of his dream until discovering she has short-term memory loss and forgets him the next day.
- The Big Sick: Pakistan-born comedian Kumail Nanjiani and grad student Emily Gardner fall in love but struggle as their cultures class. When Emily contracts a mysterious illness, Kumail finds himself forced to face her feisty parents, his family’s expectations, and his true feelings.
- The Proposal: A pushy boss forces her young assistant to marry her in order to keep her visa status in the U.S. and avoid deportation to Canada.
- The Princess Bride: While home sick in bed, a young boy’s grandfather reads him the story of a farmboy-turned-pirate who encounters numerous obstacles, enemies and allies in his quest to be reunited with his true love.
- Failure to Launch: A thirty-something is still living with his parents until they hire an interventionist to help him graduate out of the house. That’s when the fun begins.
- 10 Things I Hate About You: A pretty popular teenager can’t go out on a date until her ill-tempered older sister does.
- Up in the Air: Ryan Bingham enjoys living out of a suitcase for his job, traveling around the country, firing people, but finds that lifestyle threatened by the presence of a potential love interest, and a new hire presenting a new business model.
- Just Wright: A physical therapist falls for the basketball player she is helping recover from a career-threatening injury.
This Valentine’s Day why not sit back and relax with some of your favorite movies? The ones on this list are sure to bring a smile to your face!
***All movies descriptions courtesy of IMDB