Low-Maintenance Plants for Your Apartment
Many people living in apartments struggle to find the right plants that will fit their space and style. But if you’re looking to bring some plants into your space, don’t worry. There are lots of low-maintenance plants perfect for your apartment. And they are easy to care for – which means they’ll thrive even when your schedule gets busy.
- Cacti and Succulents: Cacti and succulents are a perfect fit for those living in apartments. They need very little water to avoid dying, which makes them easy to maintain. Additionally, they require little space, making them perfect for small areas such as a windowsill.
- Aloe: Aloe is an amazing houseplant that even the most novice of plant owners can grow successfully indoors. Additionally, its natural juices relieve burns and rashes when applied topically.
- Spider Plants: Spider plants are excellent for apartment life. They thrive in low light and require only occasional watering, making them an easy option if you don’t have time to care too for your plant due to a busy schedule. Plus, they produce “babies” often – which means you’ll have additional plants in no time at all.
- Ivy: Ivy is another one of those no-fuss houseplants that will help decorate any space without requiring too much attention or maintenance. Ivy also has the benefit of its ability to improve air quality — so it’s good for people with allergies as well. And because they can grow both outdoors and indoors, you can easily move them outside to your balcony during the warmer months.
- Peace Lilies: Peace lilies are another fantastic plant to have in your living room or bedroom because they also can improve your air quality. They can do well in a low-light environment, but keep in mind that their larger leaves will require dusting.
- Snake Plants: Snake plants (a.k.a. mother-in-law’s tongue) is another no-fuss houseplant that thrives even when neglected—a perfect fit for those who like having something beautiful but don’t want to put in much effort to keep it alive. They also provide a nice visual contrast to almost any type of decor.
- Aluminum Plants: The aluminum plant is another great choice if you want something that doesn’t require too much attention on your part but still looks beautiful and adds some color to the room where it lives. They are perfect for those who don’t have the time or patience required of other types of plants as they thrive even in low light, which means no more worrying about providing enough sunlight for them.
- Jade Plants: Jade plants, also known as money trees, are beautiful and popular houseplants that require minimal care. They don’t need much water, which makes them an excellent choice for those who often forget to water their plants—although it is still recommended to check the soil every few days just in case. Additionally, if you want to bring feng shui to your space, these are popular for that.
- Bamboo Palm: Bamboo palm is a gorgeous plant that will look great anywhere you decide to place it. Its long leaves provide a nice contrast to any decor without requiring too much time on your part. It thrives well under low light conditions – which is great if you tend to keep your blinds or curtains shut. Just make sure you keep the soil moist and watch out for spider mites if they show up (they like to hang around the leaves).
Even if you think you don’t have a green thumb, you might be pleasantly surprised to find you do when you bring one of these plants home. They’re all relatively low maintenance and will help bring some greenery to your space.