Delicious Summer Salads
What does your menu look like in the summer? Do you grill more? Partake of fresh fruits more often? Serve a lot of salads?
If the answer to these questions is, “Yes,” then you are not alone. Lots of people look to incorporate more fruits and vegetables into their diet during the summer, and the grill gets used more often.
Of course, it’s easy to get in a rut during the summer months – especially with salads. Do you always seem to make the same one? Mix it up this summer and try adding some of these to your meals.
- Easy Greek Salad: A Greek salad is packed full of fresh flavors with cucumbers, tomatoes, peppers, onions, olives, and feta cheese – and a fantastic vinaigrette. While this recipe adds fresh mint leaves, it’s completely optional and does not change how good this salad is if you decide to leave them off.
- Strawberry Spinach Salad: This salad has fresh strawberries and delicious spinach – and an amazing strawberry vinaigrette dressing. Take the time to make the dressing! It is unexpectedly delicious!
- Green Goddess Quinoa Summer Salad: Green Goddess dressing was a 70s classic, but it gets refreshed in this salad. Here you can dress the salad with Magic Green Sauce (which is vegan) or Avocado Cilantro Dressing – the choice is yours.
- Summer Salad by the Lake: No need to be at the lake to have this wonderful salad. It has tons of fresh ingredients, a great mix of sweet and salty, and allows for customization if there is an ingredient you are not particularly fond of.
- Summer Corn Salad: Are you looking for a different salad to act as a side dish for your favorite grilled protein? Then this is the answer! It goes with just about everything and can be made ahead – so make it on a Sunday for use throughout the week.
- Caprese Salad: A Caprese Salad is a summertime classic and so simple to put together. Be sure to pick up a basil plant and put it in your windowsill or on your balcony for the summer. You’ll love having fresh basil for this salad and other Italian dishes.
- Cucumber Tomato Avocado Salad: Cucumbers, tomatoes, and avocado are a match made in heaven! Add a little red onion and a flavorful lemon dressing, and you have a killer salad.
- Summer Berry Salad with Honey Lemon Dressing: Sometimes it’s the simple things that are the best – like this salad. With blackberries and strawberries, slivers of basil, and a honey lemon dressing, you’ll love all of the fresh flavors and that it’s so easy to throw together.
- Summer Chicken Salad: There seems to be a million different chicken salad recipes on the internet, but this Summer Chicken Salad has grilled chicken and corn, blueberries, feta, and a fantastic dressing. It’s definitely a twist on the standard chicken salad recipes out there.
- Roasted Peach Panzanella Salad with Blistered Tomatoes: Peaches are a summertime favorite, and when they are roasted and added to a Panzanella salad – you have something special! This is a great take on the Italian classic!
- Grilled Caesar Salad: Do you love Caesar Salad? Then grab some romaine and head out to the grill to make this one! Yes, the grill – because you are going to char your lettuce. You may think it sounds a bit crazy, but it’s really tasty!
- Seared Salmon, Watercress, and Potato Salad With Olive Dressing: This salad is an entire meal – which is why it’s perfect for summer. So many great flavors brought together in one delicious salad!
Do you have a favorite salad for summer? Are you looking forward to trying one of these? No matter what flavors you like, there’s a summer salad that’s going to make your taste buds happy!