New Music Coming Out This Fall
Throughout the year, our favorite artists come out with new music. Sometimes we wait years for a band to come out with new music, and other artists seem to be on fire, producing new records year after year. Regardless of what musical style you prefer, there’s always something new coming out. The old classics are great to belt out in the car, but it’s also fun to stretch your style and give something new a try. Here are some of the best new albums of Fall 2018!
- Nicki Minaj | Queen: This is the first album that Nicki Minaj has released in over 4 years. In the meantime, she has collaborated with several other artists such as, Eminem, Foxy Brown, Future, and Lil Wayne. It has been well received by the music critics.
- Death Cab For Cutie | Thank You For Today: Death Cab For Cutie has been a prominent indie band since 1997. This album has been said to have glorious chords and harmonies, with most critics giving it positive reviews. They have notoriously used emotionally driven lyrics with bittersweet melodies.
- Ariana Grande | Sweetener: This pop singer is on fire. After releasing a hit album last year, she’s produced a new album for 2018. She has some songs that were collaborated with Nicki Minaj, Pharrel Williams, and Missy Elliot. The album was listed as #1 in USA, Australia, the UK, and several other countries.
- Dizzy | Baby Teeth: Out of the sleepy suburbs of Oshawa, Ontario, three brothers and a friend came together to create music. They have worked with the same producer that spun out The Killers, Arcade Fire, and Bjork. It’s fun and funky music that will have your feet tapping.
- Interpol | Marauder: Interpol broke out on the scene in 1997 as an indie rock band from England. They have a monotone lead vocalist with experimental melodies. This is their 6th album, and you can see how they have shifted styles over the years. They stay true to themselves while adding new elements to each song.
- Alice In Chains | Rainier Fog: Alice In Chains was one of the major grunge bands of the early 90s that shaped the music of today. The original lead singer, Layne Staley died in 2002, and William DuVall took his place in 2006. They have an edgy metal influence and it’s apparent in the new album.
- Meghan Trainor | Treat Myself: Trainor’s music is known for being influenced heavily by the 50s and 60s retro eras. Her sound and look both mimic a retro pop glam style. She rose to fame in 2015, and continues to write and produce music for movies and radio.
- Paul McCartney | Egypt Station: The original bass player for The Beatles, Paul McCartney, continues to experiment and make more music. His newest album has been described as a long cosmic train. McCartney stated that he wants to keep his new album playful yet emotional.
Look for these artists to be touring near you soon. A record release is typically paired with a music tour to hit several cities across the country. You never know what your new favorite song could be!