Celebrate National Peanut Butter Lover’s Day
What do you think about these funny sayings?
- There are three ways to increase happiness. 1) Buy peanut butter. 2) Eat peanut butter. 3) Be peanut butter.
- There is nothing that a spoon and peanut butter can’t fix.
- If someone tells you to stop eating so much peanut butter, stop talking to them. You don’t need that kind of negativity in your life.
If you giggled and nodded, then you are probably a peanut butter lover! And guess what? March 1st is National Peanut Butter Lover’s Day! And what better way to celebrate than preparing a few recipes with your beloved ingredient!
- Peanut Butter Blondies: Blondies are brownies – but without the chocolate! These Peanut Butter Blondies are packed full of peanut butter, brown sugar, and the added bonus of some Reese’s Pieces. And the best part? You only have to dirty one bowl, and they make a large 13”x9” pan.
- Spicy Peanut Soup with Sweet Potato and Kale: Peanut butter doesn’t have to be just for desserts. You’ll often see it used in Asian and African dishes! This soup is inspired by a West African recipe, and you’re going to love it!
- Peanut Butter Caramel Pie: Do you love a candy bar that combines peanut butter and caramel? Then you must make this pie! It has an Oreo cookie crust and will remind you of a Snickers candy bar!
- Peanut Butter Banana Breakfast Smoothie: Smoothies are an extremely convenient breakfast as you can make one and head out the door with breakfast in hand. With just four ingredients and a couple of scoops of ice, you’ll whip up this smoothie in no time.
- Peanut Butter and Jelly Bread Pudding: If you want a dessert that will bring back childhood memories of peanut butter and jelly sandwiches – here it is! This classic flavor combination makes for a wonderful bread pudding, and when it’s served warm with a scoop of ice cream…YUM!
- Peanut Butter Cake: Why should chocolate cake get all the attention? This Peanut Butter Cake is going to quickly become your favorite as it’s a peanut butter cake with peanut butter icing! Yes – double the peanut butter!
- Spicy Peanut Chicken: Here’s another fantastic savory dish that has Asian flavors and ingredients you’ll appreciate. The spice comes from the sambal oelek – and if you’ve never cooked with it – give it a try. It has great flavor.
- Thai Peanut Chicken Salad: There are many Thai recipes that feature peanuts, and this tasty Thai Peanut Chicken Salad is one of them. This is hearty enough to be a meal or makes for a great side when serving other Thai dishes.
- Quinoa Crunch Salad with Peanut Dressing: With mangoes, edamame, and a delicious peanut butter dressing, this salad definitely has Asian influences. And it’s great for a side dish or makes a wonderful salad for lunch!
- Peanut Butter Stuffed Cookies: Peanut butter cookies with the fork lines in them are probably a cookie that you know well, but they may soon be replaced by this recipe. After all, what could be better than a peanut butter cookie stuffed with peanut butter?
- Peanut Butter and Jelly Muffins: Breakfast is going to be delicious when you make these muffins. And it’s another excellent portable breakfast!
- Peanut Butter Pork Tenderloin: You might be a bit skeptical about trying this recipe, but don’t be! The peanut butter, soy sauce, garlic, and pineapple preserves really do work well together!
While National Peanut Butter Lover’s Day may only be celebrated one day per year – you can make any of these fabulous peanut butter recipes anytime you like!